Ultra Aluminum Fencing
Best Outdoor Living Products offers a wide selection of aluminum fencing, perfect for any residential or commercial fencing application. Every aluminum fence comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty against defects in workmanship or materials. Not only is this type of fencing attractive, it’s also durable and low maintenance.
Are you ready to shop for your new fence? Click on the buttons below to shop for ornamental and privacy fencing or read on to get answers to frequently asked questions about aluminum fencing.
Ornamental And Privacy Fences Made From High Quality Aluminum
Our team is dedicated to ensuring that our customers get the best possible fencing materials for their property. That’s why we work closely with Ultra Aluminum Fencing! Ultra aluminum fences are made from high strength Ultrum Alloy, which is as strong as steel.
Below we’ve answered the most common questions asked about the fencing we offer in our online store. If you don’t see your question listed here, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team.
How Long Does An Aluminum Fence Last?
When installed properly and well maintained, an Ultra Aluminum Fence can last upwards of 50 years.
Will An Aluminum Fence Rust?
No! Unlike wrought iron fences or chain link fences, aluminum fences will never rust.
Does Aluminum Fence Require Maintenance?
All fencing requires some maintenance but aluminum fencing is known for being incredibly low maintenance. Typically yearly maintenance on an aluminum fence includes:
- Check surrounding landscape and vegetation for changes that could damage the fence posts.
- Remove debris that has accumulated around and on the fence.
- Hose down the fence to remove any dirt or debris that has built up over time.
Can Aluminum Fence Be Installed On A Slope?
Absolutely. This helps to reduce the gaps between the bottom of the fence and the ground, increasing safety and security.
What Does It Mean When It Says A Fence Is Rackable?
Rackability refers to a fence’s ability to align with the lay of the land, on both inclines and declines, also known as slopes. So simply put, this is another way of saying that a fence can be installed on a slope!
Does Aluminum Fencing Meet Pool Code?
Yes, we do offer several fencing options that comply with BOCA code. A fence that complies with BOCA pool code must:
- Be at least 48″ (4 ft) tall;
- Have a mid-rail that is at least 45″ above the bottom rail;
- Have spacing between pickets that is less than 4″;
- Have a space between the bottom rail and the ground that is less than 4″;
- Have a gate that is self-closing, self-latching, and open outward (away from the pool area);
- Have a gate latch that is at least 54″ above ground.
The fencing offered in our online store notes in the product title if it is a BOCA code compliant fence.
What Is A Powder Coating?
A powder coated fence is one that is covered in a protective colorful finish. During this process, an electrostatically charged powder is applied to the aluminum and then heated so that the powder bonds with the aluminum.
Ultra Fences are covered in Powercoat™, producing a long lasting, smooth, high-quality finish. Even better, this coating removes the need for yearly painting or staining!
Does A Fence Increase Home Value?
Yes, a high-quality and properly installed fence does add value to your home. Fences provide safety, security, privacy and are a serious factor taken into consideration by people who have pets and kids when house hunting.
What Is The Best Time Of Year To Install A Fence?
Although you can technically install a fence during any time of the year, spring and fall are typically the best seasons. In winter, the ground may be too frozen to dig and the summer heat can literally be dangerous to work in.
Do I Need To Get A Fence Permit?
Different states, cities, and counties have different requirements when it comes to fencing permits. Be sure to check with your local township regarding the types of permit that you may have to apply for.
HOAs also frequently dictate the type of fencing that can be installed and the location. Check with your HOA board before making any fence purchases.
How Long Does A Fence Installation Take?
The amount of time it takes to install a fence depends on the property, the length of the fence, and how many people are working on the job. Typical fence installations take between 1-2 days.
Facts About Ultra Aluminum Fencing
Now that you know a bit more about aluminum fencing in general, here are a few facts about Ultra and what makes it the best aluminum fencing option on the market.
- Every aluminum fence made at Ultra is made from Ultrum™, a 6005-T5 alloy with a minimum strength of 35,000 psi. What does this mean? It means that Ultra fences are capable of withstanding even hurricane winds of up to 259 mph! This makes it an excellent fencing choice for coastal homes.
- The Powercoat™ finish that gives each fence it’s smooth and attractive color coating is twice as thick as most paints and enamels. It includes a lifetime guarantee that it won’t rust!
- Available in 6’ sections, Ultra fences are available in a variety of heights, including 48”, 54”, 60”, and 72”. Additional widths and heights may be available, inquire with one of our reps to learn more.
Can Ultra Fencing Be Customized?
Yes, Ultra fencing is highly customizable. You can add mid-rails, circles, scrolls, and finials. Circles, butterflies and scrolls can be installed between rails, while finials can be included to dress up the tops of pickets. Pickets are 5/8″ square x .050, and above the top rail can be straight, staggered, concave or convex.
Ultra Aluminum Fence Comes With A Limited Lifetime Warranty
Ultra Aluminum fencing and railing products are guaranteed for life against defects in workmanship and/or materials. The Powercoat™ finish on all Ultra fencing and railing is unconditionally guaranteed for life against cracking, peeling or chipping.
For further information on the Limited Lifetime Warranty, contact the team at Best Outdoor Living Products.