Whether you’re installing a new pool or refreshing an existing pool, choosing the right pool fence is an integral part of the process. Best Outdoor Living Products is proud to offer the highest-quality aluminum pool fencing on the market.
Pool Fences Help Keep Loved Ones Safe
Installing a pool fence might seem like an unnecessary expense but the facts show that a simple fence can save a life.
In the United States, more children between the ages of 1-4 die from drowning than any other cause of death, except for birth defects. Each year, more than 8,000 non-fatal drownings occur among children the same age. Those that survive can suffer from brain damage and long-term disability.
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), certain factors create an environment where drowning is more likely, including missing or ineffective pool fences. The CDC further states that an appropriate fence surrounding a pool reduces the risk of drowning by 83%.
To help prevent these accidents, nearly all states have put laws into place requiring a pool fence and specifying which fences meet the safety requirements. These safety regulations are commonly called the B.O.C.A. Pool Fence Code.
B.O.C.A. Pool Fence Code
B.O.C.A. stands for Building Officials and Code Administrators. This organization sets the minimum performance standards for products in all aspects of construction.
As it pertains to pool fences, the B.O.C.A. Code states:
- A pool fence must be a minimum of 48 inches tall.
- There must be no more than 2 inches between the ground and the bottom rail of the fence.
- All openings no more than 4 inches in diameter.
- The fence should not be climbable.
- The fence must surround the pool on all four sides.
These standards have been adopted and modified by nearly every state in the United States.
Reasons To Install An Aluminum Pool Fence
There are many materials that can be used to make a pool fence, each with its own pros and cons. At Best Outdoor Living Products, our fencing team believes that aluminum fence is the best option.
The Pros And Cons Of Aluminum Fences
Here’s what makes aluminum fence so great:
- Aluminum is versatile and can be formed into many different styles, making it easy to find a look that matches a home or business.
- Aluminum won’t rust, splinter, crack, or peel. It doesn’t absorb moisture and it won’t warp.
- Strength isn’t an issue thanks to aluminum’s ability to form an alloy.
- Fence panels made from aluminum are lightweight and very easy to install.
- Insects have no interest in aluminum fencing eliminating the possibility of this type of damage.
The only con that can be associated with this type of fencing is that not everyone likes how it looks!
Not all aluminum fencing is created equal so researching the options is important. Our team has done that research for you which is why we offer Ultra products.
Shop Ultra Fences
Why do we love fences from Ultra for both residential and commercial properties?
- Ultra fencing is made with high-strength Ultrum Alloy, a 6005-T5 Alloy. It has a minimum strength of 35,000 psi making it as strong as steel.
- Each rail includes 20% more aluminum than the competitors, with a full 8 ribs inside. This ensures the rails maintain strength, even when punched for pickets.
- All Ultra fencing comes with a Powercoat™ finish.
- A Limited Lifetime Warranty is included. The warranty states that the fence is warranted for life against defects in workmanship and materials. The Powercoat™ finish is warranted for life against cracking, chipping, or peeling.